Our diabetes center educates patients on how to manage and control their diabetes through one on one and group sessions. The information learned in these sessions empowers our patients to take control of their diabetes and live healthy lives. The staff is composed of Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) and our program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
Anna Reinwand, MS, RD/LD, CDE
Melissa Schoeling, RD/LD
Jennifer Keller, RN
- Diabetes Self-Management Training: In-depth one on one and group classes. Education, coaching and support to live healthy lives. Topics include:
- Basic diabetes management
- Blood glucose testing
- Nutrition, food labels, eating out
- Insulin management
- Sick day management
- Proper foot care
- Community resources
- Pump assessment, initiation, and management
- Diabetes in Pregnancy: One on one appointments to educate pregnant women on Gestational diabetes and pregnancy with pre-existing diabetes.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy: One on one counseling sessions with Registered/Licensed Dietitians for appropriate, individualized eating plans. Services include education for:
- Weight management for adults and children
- Gluten intolerance
- Food allergies
- Renal disease
- Liver disease
- Eating disorders
- Tube feedings
- Community Classes (For the uninsured person with Diabetes)
The OSUMC Administration & Diabetes Center Staff strive to meet the needs of the community we serve. The Tulsa region has many uninsured people with Diabetes. Uninsured patients are welcome to attend this free 3 hour “Survival Skills” class. A Physicians referral order is needed prior to attending class. Our goal is to improve the health of all Tulsa residents.
We also offer education services to patients who are hospitalized at OSU Medical Center.
A doctor’s referral order is needed for all consults and classes. Diabetes Education and Medical Nutrition Therapy for Diabetes are covered by Medicare and many insurance carriers.
For more information or to schedule an individual outpatient appointment or for group class, call 918-599-5946.